Thursday, September 8, 2011

Spencer's first day of kindergarten

Spencer had his first day of kindergarten this week on Tuesday.  His teacher's name is Mrs. Brown.  We had met her in May when Spencer had his kindergarten evaluation (we didn't know that she would be his teacher then).  We went in last week to drop off his school supplies, so we got to meet her again.  I've heard nothing but good things about her.



Spencer, Ava and Madison from down the street


Spencer with all the kids at the bus stop.  The 4 on the left all go to middle school.  Their bus comes about 10 minutes later than the elementary school bus.



For the boy that has asked to ride the bus since he was two, this day has been a long time coming.  He was so excited and didn't even really look back.  I love the first picture because I told him to wave and he's trying to be obedient, but he obviously just can't wait.



He couldn't wait to get started.  Marshall and I were a little sadder, though.  We both shed a few tears.  I love this picture because Marshall so wants to be with the big kids, but he looks so little next to them.



As I sit here and look at these pictures, my eyes are welling up.  He is such a sweet and special boy.  I love him so much and I just want so much good for him.  I wish I could just hug and hold him as he goes through his whole life, but I know I can't.  He makes me so proud, too.  He's so independent, confident, and smart that I know he'll do wonderful.  But he's mine and I don't really want to let him go. 

Although I had mixed feelings about it (and still do), he obviously had a great time and was so proud of himself.  He had a big smile as he got off the bus.


My neighbor Tracey has a tradition of inviting all the neighborhood kids over for a pencil cake every year.  So this year we joined them.  We ended up talking and playing with the neighbors for almost an hour and a half. 





Spencer loved his first day.  Apparently one girl said that he was "hilarious."  He was so proud of himself.  He got the comment after saying "12 babies."  I'm not sure why he said that or why it was so funny, but he got a real kick out of being called hilarious.  Hopefully he's not going for the class clown title.

No comments:

Post a Comment