Saturday, December 10, 2011

Spencer is Star of the Week!

Spencer's kindergarten class chooses a star every week. Here it is December, and he hadn't done it yet. I knew he was really looking forward to it and he would periodically give me an update about who was chosen. I picked him up from school on Thursday and he had a huge smile on his face. I thought at first he was just really happy to see me since that was the first time I had picked him up from school. Then I found out the real reason. He was chosen to be the star of the week. Which means he gets extra attention and is Mrs. Brown's special helper for the week. And he gets to choose different people to help him every day. The kid loves attention, jobs, and having authority.

We also have to make a poster board for him to bring in when he is star. So I was looking through old pictures of him to  put up on the poster board. It really is amazing how fast kids grow and change. Here are some of the pictures that we put up on the board (in no particular order):








I love my Spencer! I love his enthusiasm, smile, true desire to be good, sweetness, thoughtfulness, amazing memory, social inclinations, and zest for life. He brings energy to my life every day and keeps me on my toes.

I can't wait to hear how his first day of being Star went!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute kid. We all love Spens. Hope he has a great week as the "Star".

    ReplyDelete